Click here if you like what you see

Friday, May 15, 2009

My Memory

I have been here working as a part timer during the few previous school holiday. This gotta be my 3rd time working here, trying to earn more to support my university's fee and also for my car's installment. No conflict with my study as working hours in a MACDONALD outlet is very flexible. If I got classes in the morning, I can go to work in the afternoon, if classes in the afternoon; I can go to work in the evening. This way, I can earn approximately extra RM 600-700 a month. Plus I am already very familiar with the work there, from kitchen, cashier to cleaner, no problem man.

Everything works out just nice for me. I also get all the free meals and because of no time for outings with my friends, I get to save more too. The works are kinda hard though…

Most of them working there are Malays and Indians. And because I worked there before, I knew a few of them. Not many Chinese will work in a MACDONALD outlet in Malaysia. They will prefer to do easy part time jobs such like sales in Shopping Complex. Well, it’s kinda dirty working in MACDONALD, plus all the hard works. That is how I get to know her..

When I finished being interviewed by the Restaurant Manager (though I worked here before, I need to undergo the interview process again) and I was about to leave the outlet, I saw her.. I can still vividly remember how I first saw her. It was a raining day. I was nearby the cashier counter and she is about to turn in for work. She was not very outstanding, quite tall at 170cm, wearing her MACDONALD uniform inside a black jacket. Coz my perception is that not many Chinese will work in MACDONALD, I thought that she’s a Malay with a fair skin (many Malay girls have fair skin complexion). Did not think much of it then, and I just leave the restaurant, with a confirmation to start work 2 days later.

On the day that I started work, I was tasked as a back-up (in a MACDONALD, back up is the staff that stand behind the cashier preparing burger, drinks, coleslaw, fries, etc…). On that day, I get to know that she is a Chinese, and all of the other colleagues called her Cheung. She worked there permanently as a Cashier. ‘What a weird girl’, I thought to myself. Not many Chinese will work in MACDONALD, girl moreover. She is indeed a very weird girl. We did not talk to each other a lot during the first few days.

I mingled around in the outlet with not much problems. The restaurant manager to all the aunties that worked there, all seems to be good to me. I try to bring myself as helpful as possible to others. As a back-up, I need to work closely with the cashier. This tends to bring a lot of interaction with her. Initially, it’s all about work, nothing personal. I still thought that she’s a weird girl and did not harbor any special feeling bout her.

About a month later, there was a party for MACDONALD staff at our areas. Our outlet decided to participate in one of the events, a Malay dancing show. Cheung and one of the Malay male were selected for the show. She was required to wear Baju Kurung, a Malay traditional wear. It was then, that I really saw how pretty she was and I was deeply attracted to her look (well, normally she wears MACDONALD uniform with a cap, thus I do not look much at her).

~ To be continued ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great stuff. it was just like reading novel.. or did u make this up?

Sunnyboy said...

hey brad, where is the 2nd part?